Location: Greater Denver Area
Employee Status: Full-time
Department: Commercial Fire
This is a field position. The Fire Service Technician is required to be technically capable for the installation and service of commercial burglar/fire/access control and fire alarms at various customer locations within the Alarm Detection Systems service area. The technician is expected to work independently and perform all work up to Alarm Detection Systems’ quality standards. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Alarm Detection Systems is an EEO employer
*Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the installation of control panels, door contacts, motion detectors, fire-initiating devices, fire notification devices, cameras and all other equipment related to the individual customer’s account.
- Responsible for written detailed reports on all tasks performed on each individual account.
- Responsible to develop a complete understanding of the proper techniques for installing and testing of residential and commercial systems, along with all approved protection devices.
- Responsible to instruct the subscriber (customer) in the proper use and operation of the alarm system.
- Responsible to follow all ADS safety procedures and policies (as outlined in the ADS personnel handbook).
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Public Safety and Security: Knowledge of relevant equipment, policies, procedures, and strategies to promote effective local, state, or national security operations for the protection of people, data, property, and institutions.
- Customer and Personal Service: Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Computers and Electronics: Knowledge of circuit boards, processors, chips, electronic equipment, and computer hardware and software, including applications and programming.
- Critical Thinking: Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Installation: Installing equipment, machines, wiring, or programs to meet specifications.
- Speaking: Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Active Listening: Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Complex Problem Solving: Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Problem Sensitivity: The ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. It does not involve solving the problem, only recognizing there is a problem.
- Written Comprehension: The ability to read and understand information and ideas presented in writing.
- Self-motivated and the ability to work independently
- Detail oriented with the ability to maintain accurate records
- Use of hand and power tools safely
- Communication skills
- Clear and valid driver’s license
- At least 3 years of experience within the industry
- NICET Level 1 Certification or higher is a plus
We believe in providing a generous, comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Health, dental, vision and life insurance
- 401(k) plan with a company match
- Company paid short-term disability
- Company paid vehicle
- Company paid cell-phone
- Tool allowance
- Paid time off and holidays
- Company summer outing (Friends and Family welcomed!)
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee discount
- Employee assistance program
- Work-life balance
- Continuous professional growth