Because of the open, public nature of the many activities held within churches and places of worship, they face many different challenges than a business or commercial property.
Some houses of worship have formed security teams to cope with the potential threats they might face. Statistically speaking, attending any form of religious service is still very safe. However, there have been tragic shootings that have occurred in churches, synagogues, and mosques with very grave consequences.
As an administrator, it is imperative to safeguard against all threats to lives and property in question — including fire, theft, and vandalism.
Safe Systems, Inc. (SSI) offers security solutions to churches in Colorado that will complement your existing staff with effective electronic security in the case of a security event.
Here is a list of ideas to make your property safer with resources and personnel:
Ideas for Administrators:
- Form safety teams
- Use greeter(s) during services
- Employ parking lot security
Ideas for Congregation Members:
- Stay alert and be aware of your surroundings
- Report any suspicious activity to worship staff
Additionally, everyone attending could benefit from qualified safety training provided by local law enforcement within the community.
What measures does an electronic security firm such as Safe Systems have to mitigate the risks?
1. Active Surveillance: Cameras provide visibility to all areas of the property day or night. They may also help congregation authorities determine who should and shouldn’t be onsite and when.
2. Situational Awareness: An administrator may use their smartphone or tablet to view video feeds. Any verified threats can be sent to our Central Station as well. Safe Systems believes that professional monitoring is a critical component of any successful security solution.
3. Door Access Control: Devices such as two-way voice/video intercom alert staff when someone might be in at the front office door. Additionally, key card access secures other entry doors and restricts guest access to sensitive areas.
4. Intrusion/Fire monitoring: Securing your building with traditional sensors such as glass break and motion detectors will trigger an alarm and send a notification to our Central Monitoring Station. Our monitoring station will also respond immediately to a fire alarm that is triggered by a smoke or heat detector.
5. Notification: Time is the critical component when facing any security threat. Wall mounted emergency stations, panic buttons, silent alarms, and devices worn on lanyards alert our monitoring staff quickly. First responders will be dispatched as soon as possible.
Safe Systems protects hundreds of church buildings throughout Colorado. We have proven experience in helping places of worship address their security needs.
From our locksmiths to our camera techs, you can count on the SSI Team for expertise.
Call 1.800.446.7519 for a free onsite security consultation.