- Full Time
- 40 hour work week
- Reports to Operations Field Manager
This is a field position. The technician is required to be technically capable for the installation and service of commercial burglar/fire/access control/ and video alarms at various customer locations within the Safe Systems installation and service area. The technician is expected to work independently and perform all work up to Safe System’s quality standards.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Responsible for the installation and service of control panels, door contacts, motion detectors, fire-initiating devices, fire notification devices, cameras, card readers and all other equipment related to the individual customer’s account
- Responsible for written detailed reports on all tasks performed on each individual account
- Responsible to develop a complete understanding of the proper techniques for installing and testing of residential and commercial systems, along with all approved protection devices
- Responsible to instruct the subscriber (customer) in the proper use and operation of the alarm system
- Responsible to read and follow the Safe System’s installation manual
- Responsible to follow all Safe System’s safety procedures and policies as outlined in the Safe System’s personnel handbook
- Self-motivated and the ability to work independently
- Communication skills
- Quality conscious
- Detail oriented with the ability to maintain accurate records
- Must be able to use hand and power tools safely
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50lbs unassisted
- Carry and maneuver step and extension ladders from company vehicle to customer locations
- Ability to climb ladders up to 40’
- Ability to work with tools from a ladder safely
- Walk great distances; stand and work with tools for extended periods of time
- Ability to work overhead for extended periods of time
- Bend, stoop, and balance in awkward locations such as attics, crawl spaces and hazardous locations at the customer premises
- Employee must possess sight, hearing, and full mobility of wrists and fingers
- Ability to use hand and power tools safely
High School Diploma or equivalent
Minimum qualifications required for application
- Be able to pass a criminal background check
- This is a drug-free workplace. Must be able to pass: pre-employment drug screening, background check and motor vehicle background check
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The technician must be prepared to work in all types of weather conditions.
- Full company benefits, including 401K
- Company vehicle provided after training
- Paid vacations and holidays
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Email resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org